Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Holidays - Good News, Bad News

Generally speaking, I like the holiday season. However, as with most things in life, there's a down-side and leave it to me to point that out... sorry, it's who I am. Thankfully, the good far outweighs the bad. Here are a few of the good/bad things that come to mind. See if any of this rings a bell.

Food
Good - What can I say? The food is fabulous, the ultimate comfort food, and there's usually enough leftovers to last for several more meals.
Bad - As always I eat too much and feel miserable... for a while.

Good - Traditional making and eating of the Chex Mix. I like tradition and I like Chex Mix.
Bad - It's like an addiction. Once I start eating it, I just can't stop. Then my digestive system revolts. I won't get any more descriptive than that. Use your imagination... it's a lot of fiber, you know.


Family
Good - I love having family around, at least for a short time, even the in-laws.
Bad - Trying not to step on or trip over any one of 5 dogs and a cat.

Good - The kids are starting their own families and holiday traditions.
Bad - It's getting more difficult to schedule family gatherings so that no family is left out.

Good - Going back to Nashville to see extended family and my parents.
Bad - Coming up with yet another excuse as to why we're not spending the night at my parents house. I love my parents dearly, but my nerves can't handle spending too much time there.


Gift Giving
Good - I love the spirit of giving
Bad - It's frustrating that I can't afford to give as much as I would like

Good - Finding that perfect gift for a loved one
Bad - Trying to find that perfect gift for a loved one

Good - Seeing the gifts all wrapped and piling up around the Christmas tree.
Bad - Actually wrapping the gifts


Holiday Decorations
Good - I love to see all the pretty decorations, the lights, the ornaments, etc. It just makes things seem a little more festive.
Bad - I dislike actually doing the decorating, then naturally followed by the un-decorating.


As I said, in my mind anyway, the good far outweighs the bad. I hope it is the same for you and that you all have a wonderful holiday season.

1 comment:

  1. I'm wondering if Grandaddy has developed enough interweb skillz to find this blog. You better hope not! Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete